Article 1: General Matters
- Japanese Inn Group(the “Operator” and operator of the Japanese Inn Group website (the “Website”)) will respect the privacy of the Website’s users (the “Users”) and devote the utmost attention to managing Users’ personal information.
- The Operator takes responsibility for establishing policies for protecting Users’ personal information as follows, and will put into practice and maintain measures, and continuously improve those policies and measures. The Operator will observe all laws, ordinances and other standards related to the protection of personal information.
Article 2: Personal Information
Article 3: Gathering of Personal Information
- The Operator will obtain personal information through fair and appropriate means, and will not illegally obtain it against the Users’ will.
- When gathering personal information, the Operator will issue notification and publicly announce their purpose of use prior to using it.
- The Operator may gather preferences, history and other information related to Users’ privacy from cookies, IP addresses, etc.
Article 5: Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- The Operator will use personal and other information gathered from Users for the following purposes.
- (1) To respond to inquiries from Users.
- (2) To send estimates, invoices and other materials in response to Users’ requests for such items.
- (3) To solicit Users’ views and impressions of the Operator’s services.
- (4) To warn or advise Users who have or may have committed acts that violate the rules posted on the Website.
- (5) To demand that Users who have obligations to the Operator fulfill those obligations.
Article 6: Provision of Personal Information to Third Partie
- The Operator will not disclose or provide personal information and the like that it has gathered to third parties in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and the Administrative Scrivener Law. However, this does not apply to cases where any of the following items apply.
- (1) Cases where disclosure is allowed by laws and ordinances.
- (2) Cases where disclosure is required by laws and ordinances.
- (3) Cases where disclosure is necessary to protect a person’s life, physical well being or assets, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the owner of the information.
- (4) Cases where disclosure is required by a public institution such as a police department, a prosecutor, a court or a consumer advocate.
Article 7: Management of Personal Information, etc.
- The Operator will make an effort to strictly manage and maintain the confidentiality of personal information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and the Administrative Scrivener Law.
However, the Operator does not guarantee to Users that it will prevent any and all leakage or loss of information, or alteration by third parties, etc.
Article 9: User Inquiries
- When a User demands to see, revise, add, or delete, or demands the cessation of use or deletion of personal information belonging to that User, the Operator will confirm that the person making the request is indeed that User. When the Operator has determined that the inquiry or demand has come from that User, the Operator will accommodate the inquiry or demand within a reasonable period of time.
Article 10: Changing Purpose of Use, etc.
Article 11: Indemnification
- The Operator bears absolutely no responsibility in cases where third parties have obtained a User’s personal information, provided that the following items apply.
- (1) The User provided the personal information to a third party through the Website or another method.
- (2) The User confirmed the third party’s acquisition of the personal information.
- (3) The personal information was obtained from another site with a link on the Website.
- The Operator bears absolutely no responsibility for privacy protection on websites with links on the Website. Users take sole responsibility for visiting or otherwise using the links.
Article 12: Administrator
- The person below is the Operator’s administrator of personal information. All inquiries regarding personal information should be directed to this same person.
c/o Turtle Inn Nikko
2-16 Takumi-cho, Nikko-shi, Tochigi 321-1433 Japan